Information Governance in 2018: “Defensible Deletion” of Data is the Leading IG Project
- Mitigate risk
- Reduce storage costs
- Respond to external triggers (lawsuits, investigations, data breaches and more)
- Address external regulatory, compliance, and other legal obligations to include the impending European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
IG projects rose dramatically this year, with 71 percent managing active IG projects and only 2 percent reporting that they have never initiated an IG project.
- CIGO’s increased 41 percent over last year
- 47 percent of respondents are now extracting business value from data
- IG projects focus on on policy updates, digitization, data consolidation, clean-up, and defensible deletion
- Most organizations now have a single Corporate Information Governance Officer (CIGO) with IG management responsibilities
- “Defensible deletion” of data is leading in IG projects
For more information about the NightOwl Discovery defensible deletion program, contact Albert Barsocchini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to NightOwl Discovery’s blog.